Sunday, December 13, 2009

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow!!!

And that's exactly what it's been doing!  SNOWING!!!  I admit I like the snow when I have no where in particular to be, but seriously this is enough for now.  If it keeps going how it's been its going to be one long winter.  Hopefully I can post pictures this week.

Jack had his speech evaluation this past Tuesday.  The news is that he needs speech therapy.  Since he's just barely two she still had to use the 2-3 year old evaluation, so her diagnosis is moderate-severe speech delay, but because he's just barely two then she said it's moderate (plus for insurance purposes she put the moderate-severe).  The speech therapist wants Dean and I to teach him to sign, since he can't even communicate well with us by gesturing.  I'd taught him to sign earlier in the year, so it wasn't too difficult.  He's doing great with it and is now signing and saying what he wants.  There's a lot less whining going on over here!  He is talking some, just not the amount of words they think he should have, but he's getting there.  He's been going to church and going in the nursery, so he's been loving that too!

Soon (not sure exactly when right now) we'll be leaving for Californina for Christmas.  Seems weird we're leaving our white snowy house for the sunshine (ok, maybe that doesn't seem weird) for Christmas.  We're taking Jack and Jillian to Disneyland for the first time!  I'm so excited, although Dean is not.

If I don't get a blog post in before then, hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Christmas - I'm glad you all are doing well. Tell Mickey Hi for us - he is a friend of ours (as of last January when Mason got to meet him). Travel safely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to you too! You are going to have so much fun in CA and at Disneyland. :) Good luck with the speech therapy and all. I hope he learns quickly.

    ReplyDelete